Ain't Portland Grand

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at us. We are a small business doing our best to have a great time while providing things of interest to our customers. We have lots of strange/esoteric/fun things to look at, in addition to a great selection of used and rare books. We would love to see you in person and encourage you to come into the store, located at 1401 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97202-1139. We are here in the afternoons Monday through Saturday.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Huge Selection of Magazines- Perfect for Birthday Gifts, Conversation Starters, Decoration






As I've always been surrounded by old paper, magazines and ephemera I am mostly desensitized to the awesome things I see on a daily basis. At the same time, there are some magazines and images that are always going to catch my eye. I love magazines dealing with Muhammad Ali/Cassius Clay, plus the old baseball magazines always offer a different view of celebrity and sport than we have today. The fashion magazines give us a different view of clothing, gender, aesthetics and everything else. Playboy and Playgirl do the same thing. A magazine from the 1950s is completely different than one from the 1970s. And we are lucky enough to have extensive collections of magazines dating back to the teens and earlier. I am attaching photos to this post, and I would encourage you to come in and ask me to find you something that interests you from our stock of magazines. Unfortunately our basement is too crowded and dusty to be browsed, but I have a good idea of what is down there and can bring things up for you to peruse if you are interested in a specific subject, era or person. Thanks for looking. Contact us at longfellowspdx@comcast.net or 503 239-5222.

No comments: